Sunday, May 30, 2010

Malta - My Dream - Thea Garrett

12 - 45 pts in semi 1
Malta chose Thea Garrett and the song My Dream for Oslo.
The song is written by Jason Paul Cassar and Sunny Aquilina.
A new version of My Dream has been recorded.

cdsingle and Maltese version
The cdsingle of My Dream is out now, there are five tracks on the disc.
My Dream - Eurovision version ♫
Holma - Maltese version *
My Dream - Remix
My Dream - Karaoke
My Dream - Instrumental
The cdsingle is available in Maltese shops and through BeaRecords.
Now listen at the CapSounds Thea Garett site.
Check the latest news on Thea's promo tour at her new website.
* the cdsingle reads Holma, but iy should actually be Ħolma.

The promo used in Oslo is a multimedia disc with a video clip, audios (same 5 tracks), photo's, bio's and other info.

It doesn't happen very often that an entry from Malta gets a Maltese makeover.
Since Malta's return to the Eurovision stage in 1991 only a few entries were recorded in Maltese: 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1998. Malta's first two entries (1971 & 1972) were sung in Maltese at the contest.

The original version of My Dream is only available on the CD The Go Malta Eurosong 2010 with all the tracks (20) from this years Maltese selection. (PBS MS 100209,
available at BeaRecords)

Thea Garrett Homepage has the video.
Malta in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment